Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Black Box Review

I got my Black Box for September a few days ago and wanted to go over what I got. For anyone that doesn't know what Black Box is, it's a subscription service that sends 4 or 5 deluxe samples of men's products to you every month for $12 per month. It's similar to some of the subscription services like Birchbox for women, but it's geared 100% towards men. It's interesting because you can try products you wouldn't otherwise know about or purchase on your own. You can see what I got in my August Black Box HERE.

Inside this month's Black Box:


Every month the box includes a postcard-sized note that explains the inspiration for the products chose. Semptember's Black Box theme was "green" and/or health-conscious products.
On the reverse side of every message there's a list of the products included in the box along with brief explanations.


A first glance at the products in my Black Box.
I got the Billy Jealousy White Knight Facial Cleanser in my August Black Box, so I'm definitely up for trying their shave cream.
I've never tried Menscience products, so it'll be interested to see how this works for me. I also have combination skin that tends to dry out because my work environment is kept so dry (picture one room with more computers than people).

This is a facial cleaner by Bread & Butter. I've never used any of their products, but I'm definitely wiling to give this a try. Finding a great cleanser can be tough.
I've heard a lot of things about pre-shave oils being really great, so I was very happy to see this in my Black Box. I've used other Anthony products in the past, but never this one.
  
Price
Black Box is a month-to-month subscription that costs $12/month.

Where to Buy
You can subscribe to Black Box on their site http://www.hisblackbox.com


Final Thoughts
Overall, I'm looking forward to reviewing the products I received in my Black Box, but I seemed to get products that were very similar to each and to the products I received last month. I'd like to get a bit more variety in my future boxes. I emailed Black Box to see if there's any way to make sure the options I chose when I created my account were diverse. Check back soon because I'll be posting reviews on each of these products in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your opinions and experiences, but be warned that rude, inappropriate comments as well as those deliberately posted to push unwanted and unrelated products onto my readers will be removed.