Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Call Of Duty Black Ops Elite Beta


I signed up for the opportunity to beta test Elite a month or two ago and just received an email earlier today letting me know that Elite Beta was available for a test drive. I just finished filling out all the info and connecting my Xbox console to the beta and wanted to share some of what I've seen so far. I tried to take screenshots of some of the features mentioned below, but had difficulty converting them to JPEGs, so for now you're going to have to settle with reading about everything until I can fix this problem.  

Overall, there are some pretty cool features in this beta like tacking your own stats or following certain player stats online.

Screenshot of stats as shown on the Call of Duty Elite Beta site.



There are some pretty cool features in this beta like tacking your own stats or following certain player stats online.  

If you play COD on Xbox360 feel free to friend me. I'm not on that often, but when I get a chance I like to play once in a while. Even my wife plays sometimes.

Some Benefits to Elite

  •  There's a calculator on the Elite site that allows you to calculate how long it will take you to prestige based on your current level and how many hours you play each day. Pretty cool.
  • You can view your Custom Classes on the site as well. if you click on each icon you can read detailed stats about each weapon and their benefits.
  • There's a page dedicated specifically to maps, weapons, etc. By clicking on the map icons you can view detailed information on each map including spawn points, flag locations, etc. based on the mission type you choose (Demotion, Search & Destroy, etc.)
  • Through Elite you can create Group tags. Others can join your group and you can search for your friends if you know their gamer tags.

Final Thoughts
That's all I've had time to check out so far. I'm going to try to play around with this in the next few days and see what else it has to offer. It's definitely worth checking out if you have the opportunity. It's free and you get an inside peak into an upcoming release inspired by the soon-to-be-released Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, which will be released in November 2011.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your opinions and experiences, but be warned that rude, inappropriate comments as well as those deliberately posted to push unwanted and unrelated products onto my readers will be removed.