Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Kyoku for Men Skin Essentials Kit

I have sensitive skin that tends to break out a tiny bit with stress, so I'm always on the look out for great men's skin care products. Kyoku for Men's products peaked my interest the moment I heard about them.

A little background on Kyoku for Men: Kyoku for Men was developed by Asim Akhtar, who has combined the ancient Japanese understanding of the power of natural ingredients with cutting-edge science. 

This morning I tried the soon-to-be-released Skin Essentials Kit.

Kyoku for Men Skin Essentials Kit

The Kyoku for Men Skin Essentials Kit includes three different products:
  • daily facial cleanser
  • exfoliating facial scrub
  • facial moisturizer 

Products included in Kyoku for Men's Skin Essentials Kit

My Experience


Men’s Skin Care Product
Appeal of Scent
Ease of Use
Effectiveness
Skin Irritation
Overall Score
Kyoku – Daily Cleanser
3
5
5
0
4.3
Kyoku – Exfoliating Cream
2.5
4
5
0
3.8
Kyoku – Daily Moisturizer
4
5
5
0
4.6
On a scale of 1-5 (1 being poor performance, 5 being great). 0 means it did not do this at all.


Kyoku for Men Daily Cleanser
I started with the daily cleanser. When I opened it up and squeezed some of the product out I caught the faint smell of peppermint, which wasn't overpowering, but detectable. It lathered nicely and washed off well.  Overall, the daily cleanser left my face feeling clean, but not dried out. This is a great cleanser.

Kyoku for Men Exfoliating Cream
I used this after the daily cleanser.  My face was a little too dry when I first applied the product (instructions say to moisten your face before applying), so it was a bit difficult to slide the product over the surface of my skin. I re-wet my hands and continued to massage the product into my skin with much better results. The extra water really made the difference. I have used quite a few different scrubs like this and not many of them stand out. However, this one may stand out from the crowd a bit. After using it, even my wife noticed the difference in the skin on my face in both feel and appearance. She said it made my skin look more "alive". Overall, it left my skin feeling smooth and fresh. The packaging suggests using this product one to two times a week and I would definitely suggest giving it a try.


Kyoku for Men Daily Moisturizer
This moisturizer seemed to work very well.  I applied this after the exfoliating cream. The color of the product is actually pretty cool--almost a subtly glowing green. It spread are very well and left my face feeling refreshed without any irritation.  This doesn't have an overpowering smell, which I prefer. This was also a win for me.

Price 
The price for the Skin Essentials kit is $36.


Where to Buy
Kyoku for Men Skin Essentials kit can be purchased at Barney's or Barneys.com

Final Thoughts
Over all, I really like this little kit and would buy these product for my personal use. I would also suggest them to a friend. The reason the exfoliating cream scored a bit lower than the others was because I'm not a huge fan of its scent, but you may find it more appealing than I did.

This product was provided by the company's PR for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your opinions and experiences, but be warned that rude, inappropriate comments as well as those deliberately posted to push unwanted and unrelated products onto my readers will be removed.