Monday, January 2, 2012

Review: Jack Black First Class Five Kit

I have been using the Jack Black First Class Five kit for about two weeks straight and I finally have a chance to write this review now that the holidays are over. Sorry for the long wait!


I will start with the body/hair and face wash.  When I opened the bottle for the first time I loved the subtle scent that was kind of citrusy. I used it as a body wash and a shampoo and I would have to say I was very impressed with how well it worked as both. I felt clean and even a bit refreshed after using it.

The shaving balm worked very well even though I hadn't shaved in a few days. I didn't notice a strong scent at all when I opened it and after using it for two weeks I still think it provides a great shave--very close and didn't leave me with horrible razor rash. I have sensitive skin and tend to get razor burn easily.

When it comes to the face moisturizer, I have honestly loved it since the first time I used it last year. It doesn't take much to get the job done and it leaves your face feeling awesome. 

I always have dark circles under my eyes because of my job; it's just a fact of life. I started using the eye balm the day I opened the kit and have used it almost every day since.  I think it's a great product. It didn't burn or sting when I got it in my eye once--not intentional just to be clear. I feel like the dark circles under my eyes have started to go away more so than with any other eye product I have used. I wouldn't say they're gone, but there's definitely a subtle difference--I always find it kind of hard to judge a product like this though.

I have saved the best for last.  The lip balm is truly amazing!  I have never been a real fan of using lip products as a guy since I can't stand the feeling of wearing something on my lips.  However, I have used this daily since I tried it because it doesn't leave your lips feeling greasy like a regular chapstick might. It is mint flavored (they do offer other flavors as well). The mint isn't overpowering and makes your lips tingle just a bit at first, but leaves them hydrated and smooth after a few minutes. This is a great product to have, especially during the winter!

Overall, I give this kit 4 thumbs up. I am now a very big fan of the Jack Black line. I really want to try out their muscle mend set and see how that works. If I get the opportunity to I'll definitely report my experience here.

Cost of the kit: $49.00 retail

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing your opinions and experiences, but be warned that rude, inappropriate comments as well as those deliberately posted to push unwanted and unrelated products onto my readers will be removed.